Friday, August 7, 2009

It's ok Jesus knows.....

So my dear sweet little Ava has been living on the ground lately. I mean almost everyday this little girl knee dives into the pavement. I really don't think that her left knee has ever healed, its just constantly scabbed over. Sweet girl, it breaks my heart every time.
This last time that she cut up her knee, was Wednesday morning. She was outside with a friend of ours taking our dog to go potty and she hit the ground hard. Doesn't really cry anymore, she's just used to the pain I guess.
She comes inside and asks mommy to kiss her boo-boo, then a little while later, as if she's now 18 and understands life more then I do, she looks at me and says " It's ok Jesus knows."
Talk about taking your breath away. My baby just comforted herself knowing that Jesus knows that she just scrapped her knee. There was no crying, no fussing, she was just ok with it. I look at her and think, "God does that bring a smile to your face or what? It makes me proud, must make you happy."
She is a gem for sure.

We now also sing Jesus loves me all by our little self. It's beyond precious, and makes me tear up every time. The best part is when she gets to the line "they are weak, but he is strong", she flexes her arm muscles so hard that her face turns red and she grunts the word strong. Its so cute.
I am so thankful that I know the Lord and I can teach my little one and the ones to come about his goodness, that He even cares about when they cut their knee, and I know He does. From her earliest memories she will know about Him and His goodness. And that's the best thing I can offer her is to introduce her to a loving, caring and generous saviour. I'm forever thankful for His goodness.

1 comment:

  1. That Ava is just so precious... thanks for sharing sweet stories like that. You're a good Momma, my friend!

    ReplyDelete