Saturday, June 13, 2009

5 Years and counting!
















Today we are celebrating our 5th year of being married! It does, yet doesn't seem like it's been that long. When I stop and think of all of the most amazing memories that we have had together it overwhelms me. Mark and I started dating when I was a senior in high school, and yes we went to my senior prom together. AWWWWE!

We dated for 2 1/2 years long distance while Mark was in Oklahoma going to school. Yes those were the most trying, difficult, stretching, yet oh so rewarding times of our relationship. But God is faithful and brought us through it, and now we look back at those times fondly knowing God was our source of strength and our saving grace that lead us to where we are now.

In 5 short years we have lived in Tulsa, Oklahoma making some of the most amazing best friends we will ever have! And oh do we miss them all so! We found out by shock and awe that we were going to welcome our first child into our lives, and decided to make the move home to be with our family when our sweet Ava made her appearance. Watching her grow and do this together has been the joy of my life. Mark is such an amazing dad and a wonderful husband, I couldn't ask for anything more. This year has definitely been the most challenging, and lets face it, the most stressful of our whole marriage. But like I said and will always say, God is faithful and is making us stronger day by day.

God thank you for blessing me with this life and for giving me such an amazing man to share it with, when we both know its only by your grace that I deserve it.

Happy 5th anniversary babe, the best is yet to come!

Here are a few of my favorites from our wedding!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, has it already been five years?!? I remember going to your wedding, VERY pregnant with Kate. :-) And now my baby is going to kindergarten in two months and you've been married for five years! Ah, how time flies. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo sorry. Your anniversary escaped me. A BELATED HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
    We love you both and are so happy Lauren to have you as part of our family. I like your site. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you obviously figured out how to upload pictures! They're darling... happy belated anniversary and early birthday! I'm sure I'll forget to text you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete