Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sometimes you have to ask why.

Things have been going well for us as a family these last few weeks. Which is good considering our circumstances. God is faithful and we have not missed a bill, and always had enough for food. Although there have been weeks that we don't know how we will buy food or pay our bills, our pastor finds ways to help us and get us extra side jobs to make money, and although my parents are financially struggling,they help where they can and give us money for food. They are great!
But today was a day that although things are going good for us and we see God working everyday on our behalf, today I had to ask why God, why?
I got up and planned my day and got Ava all dressed and myself ready and headed out the door to get the first of many things checked off of my list. I walked to my car to find the passenger window smashed in and my dashboard torn to pieces. The stereo and cd player were gone and the surrounding area ripped apart. The starter looked as if something was shoved into it, but I'm not sure. Marks tools are gone, all of them that he uses for work, gone. I would say about $700 -$1000 worth of tools, gone. Ava's diaper bag was gone as well. It had some clothes and her summer shoes and her bow she had in her hair yesterday, gone. They did however leave her dress she had on yesterday and her diapers and powder on the passenger seat on top of the shattered glass. So we had thoughtful thieves, leaving us her diapers, thank you. I guess.
I stood there holding on to my little bean feeling so vulnerable. Mark is at work and I'm standing there looking at my car thinking "Why God, Why" We cant afford this, how are we going to fix this? Why in all the midst of us trusting you for every penny that comes our way, would this happen?
I don't understand why this happened or how it will all get taken care of, but one thing I do know is my God is faithful. He doesn't give us more then we can handle, and He works all things together for the good of those who love him. I know God knows and he cares. I trust Him and I know that He knows every part of my day, and he knows how this will all work out. I don't think that you can really understand all that God does, or God allows, but I guess that's the beauty of trust. You have to know that you will be taken care of. I don't run my life, I don't make my heart beat every second, I cant control if I eat, but God does. He is good all the time,and all the time he is good.
Thank you to those of you who support our ministry and pray for us on a daily basis. Pray for us with this latest hit, and favor for it all to be taken care of.
For those of you who have no clue what we are doing, please check it out at www.compel2020.com Its really amazing and even more so that we get to be apart of this movement of God in northern California! We also need more supporters. I'm just gonna put that out there. We're all friends right, lets be honest we need more people to step up and help us accomplish this goal! Well that's a whole other blog =) I'm going to stick to my car and figure out how to go about this for today =)
Thanks for reading and caring, I'll let you know how this all pans out!

No comments:

Post a Comment