Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My life as I now know it


























Being a mom is the most rewarding job in the world, and anyone who is a mom will tell you that. But life sure does change. My day consists of diapers, explaining why we don't play with our dirty diapers, and asking when we will use the big girl potty only to be told "no", getting songs stuck in my head that I wish were never written, cleaning the highchair after my precious one decided that lunch belongs on her lap, getting baby dolls out of strollers only to put them back in, watching signing time over and over and over again, calming down my sweet heart when she doesn't want to nap because mama really could use a break, putting care into making the sandwich she asked for only to be told "no" when its put on the tray of her highchair, changing my clothes after HER bath time, cleaning two rooms when one used to be a chore, realizing that when I choose to carry my coach purse I am subjecting it to anything that Ava has in her hands, and list could go on and on. But at the end of the night when I am rocking her and we are having our talk about the day, and she grabs my face with her two little hands and tells me " I low you so much" every care in the world, every annoying part of my day, every frustration that we had that day melts away, I cant even remember them. I never knew I had this place in my heart that my little Ava Grace consumes. She has single handily made me a better person.

Being the one to watch her grow, and teach her how to love and be kind is the best job I have ever had. I am blessed.

4 comments:

  1. Such a great post! I whole-heartedly agree with everything you wrote... some days I wonder why God's sense of humor seems pointed directly at me, and others I relish mommyhood with every moment. Give sweet Ava a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it girl! I'm so glad there is yet one more way to catch up with you all.

    Blessings,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogging! Your little girl is so adorable. Can't wait to see more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ava is SO cute! She has the biggest eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete